script list ordering

Dan

• Moderators

Still waiting for some sort of info how to change the ordering of the script listings.

I've tried alphabetical

I've tried moving the order of the keywords up in both description and name

I've tried playing with updated date

I've tied changing the versions

Nothing I do changes the order of where my scripts list

No shade to pty, just an example; it's pretty shite having "Simply Agility - Does agility stuff" rank higher than "PowRoofRunner - Gnome course through to all Rooftop courses. Food & Stamina & Alching support. Also includes seers tele support". While my description and title don't have the word agility in it, I tried that already and it made no difference.

Not only that but when searching "agi" you get a walker script which isn't even agility but uses the word "Automagically" in it's description which also ranks higher lol

I don’t think the scripters should be able to control what gets ranked higher outside of regular text matching.

What would be good is ranking scripts based on how many people are using it. That way scripts that are have more features and are stable naturally make their way to the top.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Paradigm said:

I don’t think the scripters should be able to control what gets ranked higher outside of regular text matching.

What would be good is ranking scripts based on how many people are using it. That way scripts that are have more features and are stable naturally make their way to the top.

I thought of that too; the ones more used should in theory be the ones more stable, but that's not necessarily the case. We had 1 wintertodt script available for a while, which wasn't maintained but was the only one available so was used and rather frequently. This would push a semi broken script to the top which isn't ideal.

Not only that but scripts are in reality a finite resource, eventually, we'll start to see more and more dupe scripts because there's only really so much that can be made. In this scenario, any newcomers face the "What's the point" question if they're going to be listed at the bottom and can't do anything about it.

maybe a rating sort of system that acts like vouches, users can +1 a script which can push it up in ranking or -1 when the script is in a broken state and not maintained, the issue would be the negative ranking given by  people unwilling to provide feedback to rectify issues or the ones that scream bot broken when something small doesnt work, but that may only be a small issue 

• Like 1