some bugs

1 - right after changing region (most of the times) alot of methods return false when they shouldn't (example -> (teleport somewhere -> after arriving in another region -> checking Game.tab == Tab.EQUIPMENT returns false even though equipment tab is open or if it returns true and i'm checking for Equipment.stream() item returns false even though i have the item equipped)

2 - bank.close uses wrong widget? so it missclicks on the bank tutorial button -> correct is 12,2,3

3 - Magic.cast sometimes missclicks specified spell -> seems to only happen when you have to open magic tab before casting the spell so perhaps after opening the tab there's small period where bounds data isn't updated immediately ?

4 - please add methods for disabling bank tutorial event & level up

5 - alot of times Chat.chatting is returning false for a brief moment after selecting option

6 - sometimes when looking for items in bank right after opening bank it can't find item for a brief moment

7 - there's some issues with the full screen world map interface, components can find the close button but when i call click it returns false immediately as it fails to click at all

Edited by ayylmao420

5 hours ago, const_ said:

Why disabling bank tutorial/level up?

Because it pauses the script thread and that should never be a thing that's forced. Bank tutorial I can understand, but please please please can we get rid of or add a way to disable the level up handler 

Let's say for example, you're fighting a boss, you level up the moment you need to drink a prayer potion. You're dead because the script was paused due to level up handler. 

Plus sometimes it messes with the script logic and also causes you to have to account for something that you shouldn't need to

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Proto said:

Because it pauses the script thread and that should never be a thing that's forced. Bank tutorial I can understand, but please please please can we get rid of or add a way to disable the level up handler 

Let's say for example, you're fighting a boss, you level up the moment you need to drink a prayer potion. You're dead because the script was paused due to level up handler. 

Plus sometimes it messes with the script logic and also causes you to have to account for something that you shouldn't need to

I'd rather try improve the level up handler to be faster or not run in combat scenarios then have it toggleable. Makes giving the user a good experience extremely difficult if script require certain toggles on and off.

11 minutes ago, const_ said:

I'd rather try improve the level up handler to be faster or not run in combat scenarios then have it toggleable. Makes giving the user a good experience extremely difficult if script require certain toggles on and off.

But what about on a script level? End user doesn't have to do anything 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, const_ said:

Some activities require long waits till an inventory is done, or till level up, using Chat.canContinue() is a good way to early return from the wait, but if the level up handler clears the chat message before the early return then you’re stuck.

Forcing things on people is a bit hitler-esque. For some activities using the level up handler is great but not for all of them and it should be up to the scripter to be able to handle it either via the client or themselves.

• Moderators

Don't get me wrong, it's great that the feature is there, but much like other things, it should be a choice.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Proto said:

But what about on a script level? End user doesn't have to do anything 

Then we end up in a situation where API changes can break scripts because of how different the script environment can be.

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Some activities require long waits till an inventory is done, or till level up, using Chat.canContinue() is a good way to early return from the wait, but if the level up handler clears the chat message before the early return then you’re stuck.

Forcing things on people is a bit hitler-esque. For some activities using the level up handler is great but not for all of them and it should be up to the scripter to be able to handle it either via the client or themselves.

We probably shouldn't really have long sleeps anyway, I'll admit the functionality you have from the API currently makes it difficult not to have them but I'd rather try improve that.

For example for a crafting script we should promote using InventoryChangeEvents to determine if it should return early, a PlayerAnimationChangedEvent could also be nice and perhaps a time since last animation change field on Player.

Giving scripters the ability to toggle means they'll just turn it off when it causes any friction and we'll end up in a position like we did with features being disabled because of bugs that never got fixed. Almost all scripts have to implement a level up handler so feels like it should be handled by the client.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, const_ said:

We probably shouldn't really have long sleeps anyway, I'll admit the functionality you have from the API currently makes it difficult not to have them but I'd rather try improve that.

Agreed, still waiting for your interactUntilDone() method 😉

Until the handler IS better and until it's suitable for ALL scripts, it should be optional.

RandomEventHandler is optional, and for cases like agility, it gets turned off because it doesn't work as intended. I came back to 5 hours of trying to dismiss an unreachable npc. Raised the issue twice but still unresolved.

Until the level up handler isn't going to cause issues, it should be optional otherwise the statement of all scripts have to implement a level up handler is moot as all scripts will have to re-work to get around the level up handler.

Unless of course the levelup handler is your primary focus right now and is going to be addressed now. It just feels like it wasn't well thought out and imposing a script/input blocking method which is currently reported to be slow, seems a strong hinderance.