My main (botted) account was Permabanned years ago. Someone highjacked it, and got it appealed lmao

I randomly decided to try and login to some of my old accounts today. Purely out of curiousity of if they were still in system. I stopped playing when my accounts were nuked during the big bot bust.

Anyways, I tried to login to my old main (100p botted, for sure permabanned), and there was an authenticator code to get in. 1) I didn't even know rs had this option, it definitely wasn't in the game when I played/botted. 2)I for sure did not set this up. So it got me thinking my account might not be banned.

Long story short I ended up disabling it and recovering my account. Looks like my ban offense only shaved a couple levels off my total hahah (although a lot of lvls off my dung lv). Haha, no idea what I should do with this account now!

1809588738_ScreenShot2020-12-04at9_20_30PM.png.b74f7341d58fb1bbae5b58d1b4fa2db3.png529450669_ScreenShot2020-12-04at9_14.51PM(2).jpg.2bb8ccb7009ea9a734dcf7f8cc63d2f2.jpg

• Moderators

I had this exact same story, maybe around March time use? similar stars too, although I think it was like 117 dung, sold it for like 200m osrs cause was never gunna use it again 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 12/5/2020 at 4:14 AM, Dan said:

I had this exact same story, maybe around March time use? similar stars too, although I think it was like 117 dung, sold it for like 200m osrs cause was never gunna use it again 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 12/5/2020 at 6:01 AM, Toma said:

Sell it unless you wanna play rs3.

Yeah, since I haven't logged into rs3 for years (I think around when the action bar was introduced) I was hoping it may be somewhat ok. This shit is dumb af, and nobody plays haha. I can't believe they haven't deprecated rs3, why even update the game. There are some worlds w like 30 people in them.

Probably gonna sell it at this point. Shame a lot of the 99s got lowered, I'm def not gonna play to get them back to 99. Im sure the price drops quite a bit due to that.

• Like 1
On 12/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, Dad said:

Yeah, since I haven't logged into rs3 for years (I think around when the action bar was introduced) I was hoping it may be somewhat ok. This shit is dumb af, and nobody plays haha. I can't believe they haven't deprecated rs3, why even update the game. There are some worlds w like 30 people in them.

Probably gonna sell it at this point. Shame a lot of the 99s got lowered, I'm def not gonna play to get them back to 99. Im sure the price drops quite a bit due to that.

I think that due to microtransactions they still make more than OSRS, but the game doesn't really have much of a future. Also I didn't know that they rolled back stats in RS3. I guess it could encourage more buying of spins.

• 3 weeks later...

same thing happen to me but it wasn't hijacked I just did a lot of botting in my past. I was banned for like 7 years by jagex and I decided to appeal it just for lulz and my account ban was lifted lol. I did get back into RS3 to try out and ended up liking the mining and smithing rework. The game is fun still. I was one of those guys that didnt want to touch rs3 because of all the stigma with osrs etc. I gave it a chance and I will tell you its better than most mmos right now and the boss fights are actually engaging and SUPER fun/rewarding. People keep talking about how its basically afk bossing etc but its not. At first RS3 seemed like shit but once you take the time to learn you can actually have  a lot of fun and learn new things. One thing I learned is with the new skill bars etc going full manuals on your attacks once you know combos you do INSANE amount of damage compared to people who have it on autocast.