Project: Web Walker [Phase 1 DONE]

• Administrators

Project: Web Walker

The aim of this project is to provide an API built into PowBot which allows scripts to walk between two locations in game in the most effective way possible (based on time and cost).

Teleports (item and magic), shortcuts, boats, ladders, (trap)doors and other transportation methods will be taken into account when calculating the best route for you.

This project will be improved on over time as more map data is collected, by December 2020 we hope to have the most popular routes supported so that we can begin to build other features into PowBot which will utilise the functionality added by this project.

Progress

- Pathfinding algorithm implemented  

- Regular spell book teleports implemented 

- F2P areas basic data collected  

- P2P areas basic data collected  

- Client side implementation completed 

- Popular obstacle data collected ⚠️

Supported Locations/Obstacles/Teleports

- Most of the surface map

- AlKharid Gate

- AlKharid Fire Altar

- Lumbridge Castle

- Lumbridge Mill

- Lumbridge-Varrock Fence

- Ring of dueling

- Ring of wealth

- Zulandra teleport

- Barrows teleport

- DIgsite teleport

- Lumberyard teleport

• Like 4
  • const_ changed the title to Project: Web Walker [BETA TESTING]

Starting at lumbridge yard, end tile near duel arena ,Tile(3314,3233,0) . It uses ring of dueling but it just hovers over  "Al Kharid Duel Arena" option.

Not sure if paying 10gp toll for AlKharid Gate shortcut is supposed to be supported ( yes, I haven't done that shitty quest), but it's not working.  

• Administrators
On 12/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, Novak said:

movement#walkTo does not work from edgeville cooking location to the bank for some reason:

image.png.14a4dc06c673bb772cdd87148798ba49.png

This will be fixed in the next release

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

RC5 is much smoother in walking now, it's actually fluent rather than stop start all the time.

Wouldn't use tele's for me, tried going from alkharid bank to GE with a varrock tab in my inventory and it ignored it and tried to walk still.

When I teled to varrock and started the script again it just stood there doing nothing, I moved it towards the west bank and it stood still again doing nothing. However, I came back about 40 seconds later and it had started moving, so not sure what was going on there but it still seems a little buggy around varrock.

• const_ changed the title to Project: Web Walker [Phase 1 DONE]

Starting in lumby castle yard, end point is varrock square. Instead of teleporting (runes in inventory) , it walks.

Current client (not rc)

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Toma said:

Starting in lumby castle yard, end point is varrock square. Instead of teleporting (runes in inventory) , it walks.

Current client (not rc)

SpellBookTeleports aren't yet added, if you're able to provide required data in Data thread I can add :).

When entering MTA, it stops right after it enters the gate (X marks the destination tile).

image.png.df9e8b63131a8453f7ae95e0d31c608e.png

When I start at X with destination at duel arena bank it goes around the arena, instead of going directly (through the east side). Maybe that part isn't mapped.

image.png.454b30b3564de696846014a16278d432.png

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Toma said:

When entering MTA, it stops right after it enters the gate (X marks the destination tile).

image.png.df9e8b63131a8453f7ae95e0d31c608e.png

When I start at X with destination at duel arena bank it goes around the arena, instead of going directly (through the east side). Maybe that part isn't mapped.

image.png.454b30b3564de696846014a16278d432.png

The first will be fixed when I release new backend (tonight).

The second can be avoided in 8.8.0 if you use Movement.moveTo(loc, refreshQuests = false, forceWeb = true) as it's trying to walk locally.

• Like 1