How long have you been playing?

• Administrators

As the title says, how long have you been playing RuneScape, how did you discover it and what kept you coming back?

I remember back in 2004 some kids in my school found out about RuneScape from their scouting group or something, and then subsequently got my entire school to play it and we had a little clan and market stuff going on haha. My first account made it to lvl 21 and then someone scammed me out of my full mithril and 5k gp. Not much later my account got hacked by someone from my school (I KNOW WHO YOU ARE) and I never managed to recover it.

Came back about two years later when I figured out how to do a lot of things *ahem* automatically.

Guess I never really had the full RS experience so let me live through you guys lmao

• Administrators
19 hours ago, warsawfish said:

Since 2003 on and off. 

although until this trailblazer league came out i hadn't played in like 2 or 3 years

Jeez that's very early! What got you into it?

2 hours ago, _Rick said:

Jeez that's very early! What got you into it?

A friend in school ( meaning a classmate, not the youtuber) had told me about the game, i started playing it and got hooked.

i remember the day i found a mith long on the floor and thought i was rich cos i sold it to a shop for 600gp.

how i miss those days haha

I just checked my original account and it's exactly 4900 days old.  So that would be 2007 , when I was about 12 years old.

My first memory is me asking other people how to deal more than 1 dmg to npcs , lol. 

Next thing I remember is joining the cabbage mafia. I remember spending hours picking cabbage near falador.  There was a whole chain of command and I was of course the lowest in rank.  I collected thousands of cabbages and then traded to some guy for what would to me seem like  a fortune (probably like 2-10k). I never questioned anything , but now I really wonder why would someone need so much cabbage.

• 1 month later...

Also started December 2004, someone told me about it in school. Started 9 different accounts with the same name, I thought when you died you had to start over. Eventually figured out I could keep playing after I died by talking to friends at school. Played till 2008 since I found a pretty friendly/legit f2p clan. Participated in a ton of clan wars with them and random events, it was a ton of fun actually. If anyone remembers old school wildy wars in full rune or flaming each other with the worst insults that was my 2004-2008 experience. The clan died so I quit around 2008.

Picked it back up in 2010 I think off and on. Found an old clan mate/best friend. Then lost them. Botted from 2010-2013 24/7 on my main, like non-stop. Started some scripts on old Powerbot and some did pretty well, I can't remember my old name but never made any paid. Taught a friend to script and he legit made $80k+ and paid off college thanks to becoming a Powerbot premium scripter. Got my RS3 account maxed pre-RS3. Gave it up from 2013-2015. Found it again in 2016 at my first desk job and started my current main. That account is nearly maxed played almost exclusively legit, now just enjoying starting little botty bois for fun.

Edited by JunkMale