New Concurrent OSRS Record

Claire Lovely

On 11/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, _Rick said:

It's pretty crazy how a 2007-style game is more popular than the modern version, let alone that it's still growing.. pretty unique no?

I would say that OSRS is the more true modern version now, and shows the real potential of the game when pushed into the right direction. RS3 does actually have some great content but it gets overshadowed by the deluge of MTX. When looking at the main page of RS3 it's sometimes difficult to find anything actual lore or updated related and it's just promotions.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Claire Lovely said:

I would say that OSRS is the more true modern version now, and shows the real potential of the game when pushed into the right direction. RS3 does actually have some great content but it gets overshadowed by the deluge of MTX. When looking at the main page of RS3 it's sometimes difficult to find anything actual lore or updated related and it's just promotions.

Very true, it definitely looks a bit over-commercialized

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Claire Lovely said:

i would love for a HD client to come out for OSRS though..

• Like 1

I actually liked rs3 when is was still relatively new and with a lot less of those obnoxious and way too aggressive monetization "strategies".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, Dan said:

i would love for a HD client to come out for OSRS though..

I think there is a possibility that it could happen as many modders have already made very intricate HD mods. I liked the 2008 style graphics and I think that many people would come back because of the update. I did read that they had to build all new models twice by having something like this, but the game is looking to be on the path of reaching its original peak and I think they would be able to begin hiring the staff to make it happen.