[MacOS Catalina] PowBotLoader.jar -> Error 7B

Ieeb

Solution

1. Make sure you're running Java 11 - OpenJDK 11.
You can check your Java version by opening a terminal window and typing 

java --versions

Which should return something like this

openjdk 11.0.9 2020-10-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.9+11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.9+11, mixed mode)

If your machine is not using JRE 11 you can download it from here! Be sure to restart your machine after the installation is complete. Once your system has rebooted, go back to the first step.

2. Navigate over to your $HOME folder. This is usually located at HDD/Users but yours might not be for whatever reason, either way you can open your $HOME folder by opening up a new terminal window and typing open / 

Now, you're gonna want to find a directory named .powbot. It's most likely hidden so press cmd+shift+. (command, shift, dot) to show all hidden files. Find the .powbot folder, delete it and empty your trash-bin. If you cannot find it move on to the next step.

3. Navigate back to the folder containing PowBotLoader.jar, open a terminal window in that directory. You can do this by right clicking the folder containing the .jar and selecting "New Terminal at Folder". If the terminal option does not show up you can follow this guide to enable the option. Another option is to simply walk there using the 'cd' command in the terminal

4. When your terminal looks something like this

YourMac:TheFolderContainingTheJar YourUsername$ []

you've arrived at your destination. Now you need to run the .jar from the terminal, which you can do by typing 

java -jar PowBotLoader.jar

You might get some warning messages but just ignore them for now.

5. Navigate back to your $HOME folder and look for the .powbot folder once again (command, shift, dot if the file is hidden) and check to see the subfolder client contains PowBot.jar. If it does; Congratulations, You're done! If not you've most likely messed up one of the steps, try again

Now you should have a working client plus a little more know-how with basic bash commands 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running Xubuntu and I keep getting the the 7b error.

find .powbot
.powbot
.powbot/client
~$ rm -r .powbot
~$ find .powbot
find: ‘.powbot’: No such file or directory

As soon as I start to run the client it creates the directory again and I get the error.

How do I fix this ?

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Tyrannis said:

I'm running Xubuntu and I keep getting the the 7b error.

find .powbot
.powbot
.powbot/client
~$ rm -r .powbot
~$ find .powbot

As soon as I start to run the client it creates the directory again and I get the error.

How do I fix this ?

Try run the client as sudo perhaps, sounds like you have a permissions issue in your home folder

find .powbot
.powbot
.powbot/client

sudo rm -r -f .powbot

find .powbot

Now when I try to run the launcher it gives me the 7B error code again. It has to be recreating the directory for some reason. I can find the directory again after getting the error code, but as you can see above I can't find it before running the .jar.

find .powbot
.powbot
.powbot/client

This is what I find after running the .jar.

Frustrating, has anyone else got this working on Ubuntu or a derivative ?

EDIT: I am fairly new to Xubuntu and Linux in general so maybe I am not using the correct commands to remove it?

Edited by Tyrannis

• 1 month later...

Unable to access jar file? Any ideas? I can open the .jar PowBot manually and it works but when I run the launcher it is unable to access it. The permissions are good and there is also no powbot loader in any of the files.

Edited by Icutwood55

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't run PowBot by doing "Java -jar file.jar" or by using the new launcher.
If running with the previous java command ther would be a memory issue and it wouldn't be able to download e.g the paint.

Hence used the argument "-Xmx768M" to solve the issue.
Full command: "Java -jar -Xmx768M "C:\Users\userNameHere\.powbot\client\PowBot.jar"

I'm somewhat new to this client and I'm getting the same error. I've tried both running it regularly and with sudo. I'm on lubuntu 20.04.

image.png.e109f126ebfd8ac65430520d8748bf1b.png

EDIT: I tried the fix in the comment above and still having the issue.

Edited by yolty

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, yolty said:

I'm somewhat new to this client and I'm getting the same error. I've tried both running it regularly and with sudo. I'm on lubuntu 20.04.

image.png.e109f126ebfd8ac65430520d8748bf1b.png

EDIT: I tried the fix in the comment above and still having the issue.

Have you tried the latest launcher? 
https://github.com/powbot/powbot-launcher-v2/releases

The download from the powbot download page might need to be updated. The version from the link seems to be working. lol